Grandma Donakowski's Molasses Cookies
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend shortening, sugar, molasses, egg until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Put 12 tablespoon size drops on ungreased cookie sheet (I put foil down for easy cleanup).
- Bake on center rack at 375 for 8-10 minutes
- Cool and enjoy!